Preparing for ICD-10
As you may be well aware, the ICD-9 code sets used to report medical diagnoses and inpatient procedures will be replaced by ICD-10 code sets on October 1, 2015 and St. Vincent IPA is here to help get you up to speed through this transition and supporting your office during this change. Not being ready for ICD-10 could affect a number of areas in your practice from billing to orders to documentation.
Please take a moment to complete St. Vincent IPA's ICD-10 Readiness survey so we identify how to best support your practice.
St Vincent IPA ICD-10 Readiness Survey
Quick Resource List:
Important Implementation Dates:
- Present - October 1, 2015: Claims or encounters with Date of Service prior to October 1, 2015 should be submitted with ICD-9 diagnosis
- October 1, 2015 - Claims or encounters with Date of Service provided on or after this date should be submitted with ICD-10 diagnosis codes
- October 1, 2015 - Beyond: Claims or encounters with Date of Service on or after this date should be submitted with ICD-10 diagnosis codes
How do you know if you are ready:
- Ensure all of your staff that work with ICD-9 have received training for ICD-10
- Confirm readiness with any software/systems, clearinghouses, or billing service vendors you use
- Start testing ICD-10 codes and systems with your practice's coding, billing and clinical staff
For a more comprehensive checklist, please refer to St. Vincent IPA's ICD-10 Readiness Checklist.
- If you submit claims or encounters through Office Ally, you can test directly with Office Ally
- If you submit claims or encounters through Allscripts or Aerial Care, they are still working on testing. If you are interested in testing with Allscripts or Aerial Care, please contact Provider Relations at (562) 860-8771 x107 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will outreach to you when they are ready to test.
Below are upcoming Webinars for you and your staff:
- 7/21/2015, 12-1:30PM: Optum 2015 Introl to ICD-10-CM
- 8/14/2015, 12-1:30PM: Optum 2015 Intro to ICD-10-CM
- 9/16/2015, 12-1:30PM: Optum 2015 Introl to ICD-10-CM
For registration details, please contact Provider Relations at (562) 860-8771 X107 or by email: email@example.com. Please refer to our ICD-10 Training Opportunities for additional upcoming trainings.
Additional Resources and Support
Can't find what you are looking for?
Try the search feature in the top corner of the page.