The benefits of mammograms for women are significant. Mammograms play a crucial role in early detection of breast cancer, which leads to improved treatment outcomes and increased survival rates. Regular mammograms allow for the identification of breast cancer at its earliest stages, providing an opportunity to prolong the lives of many women. The American Cancer Society recommends that women receive a mammogramat age 40 and commit to getting yearly mammograms by age 45. While women aged 55 and older may switch to screening every two years or continue annual screening, routine screening every year is the best way to prevent breast cancer.
1. Cancer or an abnormality can’t always be felt.
2. When caught early, breast cancer is 99% curable.
3. A mammogram can help increase your lifespan.
4. Your risk of developing breast cancer increases as you age—even if no one else in your family has it.
5. The mammogram only takes 20 minutes.
Women over 55 should prioritize regular mammograms. Mammograms can show early detection of health issues and can help ensure proactive breast health management. Contact your provider to schedule your yearly mammogram – https://stvincentipa.com/.